About Women’s Cardio Kickboxing
Women’s Cardio Kickboxing Goals
Cardio kickboxing is the only martial art created specifically for physical exercise. It was first developed by Frank Thiboutot in Maine in 1992, out of the modern Japanese sport of kickboxing. Unlike other martial arts, which have self-defence as their primary aim, the first goal of cardio kickboxing is fitness and health.
Since its introduction, cardio kickboxing went from the “fad” phase to the phase of “accepted and here-to-stay” in gyms worldwide. Due to its being highly successful, it’s rapidly become one of the most popular methods of exercise, proven to reduce weight, build up core strength, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Why Cardio Kickboxing?
Experts say that it’s not just enough to be moving the areas of the body that you want to shape up on, such as your legs or your abs; you have to increase the overall health of your entire self if you want to see permanent, lasting results.
We’ve all met people who have been faithful to their daily exercise regime for months or even years, but who’ve reached a point where they got “stuck”. The body simply won’t shed those last 20 pounds or those last fatty flabs no matter what. Maybe you are that person. The answer to is that the regime is not varied enough. Some part of the body is getting missed. Even if it’s the heart or the lungs, if the body is not enjoying overall health from overall exercise, there’s going to be a resulting imbalance.
Cardio kickboxing involves the entire body. Unlike most other methods of exercise, which may only focus on one area, such as the abs or the buttocks, or on one aspect, such as aerobatics alone, kickboxing makes use of the entire physique and combines both aerobatics with core strength building.
Benefits of Cardio Kickboxing
- Tones the chest, back, stomach, abdomen, legs, and arms
- Gets the heart pumping – physicians agree the best way to lose stubborn belly fat is by cardio exercise
- Burns up to 3,2000 kilojoules in one hour
- Develops flexibility and coordination
- Boosts stamina and energy levels
- Combines the same benefits that both track running and core strength training would, but in one and the same exercise
Release Stress, Kick Back Your Way to Control
According to Matthew Stults-Kolehmainen, Ph.D., a kinesiologist at Yale, increasing the heart rate during a cardio workout actually repairs the damage done to the brain by stress. It releases the hormone norepinephrine, which is responsible for improving cognitive functions, especially the memory.
Most of us have experienced the “back to normal” feeling after an intense exercise period following stress. Stress is an unfortunate but necessary side-effect of our modern day lifestyles, but the negative impact can be minimized by regular workouts in a positive environment. Whether you’re dealing with a nagging boss, a tense office, or even just the family and kids, a cardio fitness regime can help you take it all in stride like a winner.
- Release negative tension through an aggressive but safe physical means.
- Work out in the company of like-minded, resilient people.
- Get professionally coached in remaining calm and staying in control.
- Increase positivity as you fulfil your fitness goals.
- Get a self-confidence boost and “never-give-up” attitude.
Exercising for a Happy Mood
Physical exertion releases endorphins, the “feel good” hormone. The more in shape you feel and the more you work out, the happier you will be, literally. Often, it’s just those first beginning months that are challenging as you embark on your “get-fit” goals. Once you’re on the road to a healthier, happier you, the hormones start flowing, and you’ll start enjoying a life that looks far better from a healthy, robust standpoint.
- Exercise has been proven to increase sleep quality and alertness the following day.
- Keeping fit and healthy raises self-esteem, helping you propel through other areas in your life that are challenging.
- People who exercise regularly feel more positive about their relationships, and tend to enjoy more passion and romance in their lives.
- Studies have proven that cardio exercise increases creativity in the brain for up to two hours afterwards.
Why Evolution Gym?
We’ll work at your level.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, fresh off the couch or out of the office chair, or whether you’re already approaching advanced levels, Evolution Gym offers specific training to your level. You’ll be pushed, but we guarantee it won’t be “too hard” or “too much” for you. If you’re advanced, you’ll find the challenges you’re looking for to improve. Whatever your present level is, we’ll start with that and go up from there. We believe you’ve got it in you.
Our trainers are certified.
All our programs are led by certified trainers. Evolution Gym has hand picked only those martial arts experts who combine their prowess with the know-how and teaching experience to work with trainees.
Low Trainer / Trainee Ratio
Our class sizes are small, so the trainer is able to devote individualized attention to each trainee.
It’s been proven that a positive atmosphere increases improvement.
Researchers at the Institute of Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology in Oxford state that exercising with others increases endorphins and tends to have longer-lasting results than exercising alone does. One of the things we try to achieve here at Evolution Gym is a positive attitude. Encouragement, mutual support, and great camaraderie are the words of the day.