About Muay Thai Kickboxing
What Exactly is Muay Thai Kickboxing?
Originally from Thailand, where it is still the national martial art form, Muay kickboxing has earned the name of “The Art of Eight Limbs”, due to the fighter making use of 8 main points of contact both in defence and offensive: 2 fists, 2 elbows, 2 knees, and 2 shins.
These 8 “limbs” imitate specific weapons in their purpose: the fists become knives; the elbows become hammers; the arms and shins become armour that wards off blows; the knees become axes. The kickboxer attempts to grapple his opponent and spin him to the ground with the merged manoeuvres of elbows and knees.
When a trained Muay Thai kickboxer combines the whole arsenal of his body, each part acting in complete union with the whole, he becomes a force to be reckoned with. “The Art of Eight Limbs” is one of the most efficient forms of stand-up combat in the world.
There are also other styles of kickboxing, originating from other parts of the world, even outside of Asia.
At Evolution Gym, we’ve taken the best from different kickboxing styles to evolve our training to the next level.
The Evolution Gym Kickboxing Difference
At Evolution Gym, you’ll be under the personal instruction of a qualified trainer. Each member of our team has dedicated his life to furthering the martial art forms in Sydney, and your Muay Thai kickboxing instructor is not only a successful hand-to-hand combatant himself, but also has outstanding qualifications in teaching and education. No matter what your present level is, whether you’re a beginner straight off the couch or an advanced level kickboxer, you will receive individually tailored lessons at your own learning pace and capabilities. Our trainers always challenge you to go for more, because they know you can.
- Low trainer / trainee ratio
- Personalized attention
- Convenient evening class times
- Workshops and Seminars
- State-of-the-art facility and modern equipment
Physical Benefits of Kickboxing at Evolution Gym
- You’ll develop a wide range of athletic qualities, since Muay kickboxing requires a fit body, rapid thinking, and speedy movement. As you’re trained, you’ll become more in charge of your body.
- You’ll become proficient at maneuvering specific to kickboxing alone and cannot be found in other forms of martial arts, such as the grappling techniques and the elbow / knee strikes.
- You’ll develop increased strength in your torso, legs, and arms, as well as enhanced mobility in your torso and hips.
- You’ll be doing a workout that is great for the cardiovascular health, combining swiftness with muscular exertion.
Mental Benefits of Kickboxing at EG:
- You’ll develop perseverance and commitment.
- You’ll learn to think clearly and calmly in threatening situations, and be able to react with speed and precision.
- You’ll develop self-confidence, inner strength, and a healthy, well-earned self-respect.
- You’ll become the inheritor of hundreds of years of one of the most respected martial arts forms in the world.